We are in the last month before the end of the year, and by now most transportation companies have developed their focus points for the following year, but if your transportation company is still sorting your focus points, a.k.a. New Year’s Resolutions, we have some recommendations for you:
- Tighten your customer base. Analyze your customers for the previous 3 years and figure out which customers have yielded the most ROI and the least headaches. Write down the characteristics of these customers as specifically as you can and once you have it, focus on getting these better customers for your business.
- Adjust your rates. Do a benchmark of your competition to make sure you are still competitive; However, at the same time, make sure you are covering your costs of operation to maintain a reasonable profit for you and your team.
- Perform your yearly checkup on the overall costs of your company. Work with your Accounts Payable team and your purchasing team and identify which vendors are used with the highest frequency and quote with similar vendors to insure you have the best rates in the market. If you have enough volume, you can re-negotiate your rates with your current provider or switch little by little with other providers to make sure that the business relationship works.
- Reduce your Dwell Times. This can be achieved by identifying your bottlenecks and by using a tool like the one the We’RControl The Shift System Module simplifies the loading docks designation process and oversees logistical events such as arrival to dock, when the loading/unloading process begins and when it is finished, delivery of documents, safety locks and other details that the customer may require.
- Improve your Cost Management. We’RControl provides a Transportation Cost Management Module which can help measure and control transportation expenses thus mitigating mistakes that are common in manual processes. Once you have complete visibility, it will be easier to make educated decisions without the excruciating pain of manual analysis per trip.
- Improve communication with your customers to develop loyal, long-lasting professional relationships. Through our Web Tracking System or Mobile App, it is possible to monitor your vehicles’ progress through different integrated GPS platforms. You can geo-reference the client’s delivery points, dangerous areas and shipping routes so as to automatically calculate accurate estimated time of arrival and be warned of route detours or stops and share this information in real-time with your customers to provide them complete visibility.
These are just a few ideas for a very successful and profitable 2020 year. As you can see, working with We’RControl could tremendously help you to improve your transportation business in 2020 an we would LOVE to help.
If you would like to learn more about our Logistics Solutions please let us know, or if you know of a company that would greatly benefit from our services, please forward this email to them. We can substantially help them to improve their supply chain operations. We have ISO/IEC 27001:2013 information security certification.
You can find us at www.wercontrol.us, through our social media platforms in Facebook and LinkedIn, by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone or text to (281)217-8954, we will be more than happy to help.
We’RControl (www.wercontrol.us) in Austin, TX is the newly established US subsidiary of Recurso Confiable with 8 offices in the USA, Mexico, Central America, and South America. Recurso Confiable (https://recursoconfiable.com/ ), established in Mexico City 22 years ago, has evolved into the industry standard in Latin America for Logistics Management Software with over 50% of the Fortune 500, more than 134 GPS/ELD partners, millions of tracked trips per year, and over 2B tracked GPS pings annually. More than 3,000 customers depend on our Logistics Solutions including: Walmart, Home Depot, Kellogg, Unilever, DHL, Bayer, Nestle, Transplace, Colgate, Bayer, Kimberly Clark and others.