Truck Driver Safety Tips
- Stay vigilant! Scan ahead about 15 seconds (a quarter mile on interstates or one to two blocks in cities) for approaching dangers and check your mirrors every 8-10 seconds for vehicles entering your vehicle’s blind spots.
- Signal. Signal and break to give other drivers enough time to react. If you must exit the primary roadway and pull-over, use flashers, reflective triangles and flares to alert approaching drivers.
- Keep it slow. Driving too fast in harsh weather or road conditions as well as failing to slow down for curves or ramps creates unnecessary risks.
- Maintain. Ensure pre-trip safety inspections and completed. Ensure the tires and breaks are good and that your load is well-balanced and secured.
- Buckle up! Use your safety belt every time you drive.
- Rest. Ensure you have received proper rest and have taken care of your health so that you can stay sharp on the road.
- Plan. Stay up to date on weather and road conditions as well as detours.
- Respect work zones. Work zones provide a number of hazards, be sure to slow down, maintain extra space and obey all the work zone signs and signals.
- Text later. Texting is among the worst driving distractions, it’s not worth the potential consequences. The text can wait for later.
Proper tracking, clear communication and careful planning can provide a number of safety advantages. If you would like to learn more about how our Logistics Solution can solve these problems, please let us know!
You can find us at www.wercontrol.us, through our social media platforms on Facebook and LinkedIn, by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone or text to (737)600-9678, we will be more than happy to help.
We’RControl (www.wercontrol.us) in Austin, TX is the newly established US subsidiary of Recurso Confiable with 8 offices in the USA, Mexico, Central America, and Southern America. Recurso Confiable (https://recursoconfiable.com/), established in Mexico City 22 years ago as a background checking service for the trucking industry, has evolved into the industry standard in Latin America for Logistics Management Software with over 50% of the Fortune 500, more than 134 GPS/ELD partners, millions of tracked trips per year, and over 2B tracked GPS pings annually. More than 3,000 customers depend on our Logistics Solutions including: Walmart, Home Depot, Kellogg, Unilever, DHL, Bayer, Nestle, Transplace, Colgate, Bayer, Kimberly Clark and others.