How is your day going? Our whole team has been living interesting days as well. Today we have gathered 15 facts that will make you proud to be a part of the transportation industry in any and all capacities. Always remember that we are here for you to provide solutions for your daily logistics operations.
- If the trucking industry was a nation it would be ranked 33rd in GDP.
- The trucking industry in the United States accounts for roughly $700B in revenue annually.
- The average truck driver travels 150,000 miles a year, enough to drive around the entire Earth 6 times.
- The trucking industry uses 55 billion gallons of fuel each year, the equivalent of 4 trillion bottles of water.
- The US trucking industry accounts for more than 5% of all the full-time jobs in America.
- Trucks move 71% of all the freight in America.
- In 2017, trucks moved 10.8 billion tons of freight.
- Most grocery stores would run out of food in just three days if long-haul truckers stopped driving.
- The American Trucking Association believes the trucking industry needs to hire 900,000 more drivers to meet the growing demands put on the industry.
- Trucking makes up the largest portion of the American transportation industry – about 27%.
- Businesses choose tricks for $0.82 out of every dollar they spend on shipping.
- A fully loaded truck weighs about 80,000 pounds with an engine that can go up to one million miles.
- The average daily run for long-haul drivers is 500 miles.
- Trucking exclusively serves over 80% of all communities in the U.S.
- The world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 serves 5,000 customers per day who use 55 miles of toilet paper per month, drink 2 million cups of coffee each year and consume 17 million eggs each year, enough to stretch from Washington D.C. to Atlanta, Georgia.
If you would like to learn more about how our logistics systems can improve your operations, please let us know!
You can find us at www.wercontrol.us, through our social media platforms on Facebook and LinkedIn, by mail at email@example.com or via phone or text to (737)600-9678, we will be more than happy to help.